Monday, August 31, 2009

Preschool Talk

Today, Lee and I had this conversation about preschool, which starts next week.

Lee "Mommy, what are you going to do while I'm at preschool?"
Me "Well, I'll do lots of things. I'll clean the house, run errands, and then I'll pick you up."
Lee "Will you play games withabout me?"
Me "Of course not. Why would you think that?"
Lee "Well, you'll be here all alone with all my toys, and I thought you might play with them."
Me "I would never play with your toys without you. You're my favorite playmate."
Lee "Will you just not do anything while I'm gone?"
Me "Like what?"
Lee "Nothing fun. I don't want you to have any fun while I'm gone."
Me "Okay. Cleaning house isn't that fun anyway, so I promise not to have fun without you."
Lee "Will you just not clean the house? I want you to just sit on the couch and wait for it to be time to come and get me. Okay?"
Me " Then I would have to clean while you're here, and I wouldn't have time to spend with you. Wouldn't you rather play games when you get home and have fun?"
Lee "No. Maybe you should just get a job at Holy Cross. Then I'll know you're not having fun without me."
Me "I would love to spend the day with you at Holy Cross, but that's what Mrs. Angie and Mrs. Connie are there for. They're going to teach you so many new things. When I pick you up, you can tell me all about them."
Lee "See if you just get a job there, you'll already know what I've learned, and I won't have to spend all day telling you."

He has an answer for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment