Saturday, August 15, 2009

Preschool Registration and more


We went to register Lee for Holy Cross Catholic Preschool this week and for parent orientation. I was so excited to hear from his teachers, learn his schedule, and see his sweet classroom. We knew almost every one of his 25 classmates, so that was comforting to me. The kids get to go back in 2 weeks to see their room and meet their teachers. I can't wait to see what Lee thinks about it. He officially starts the week after Labor Day. He has been so excited about it and asking tons of questions. I asked him what he wanted to learn the most, and he said to tell time and to tie his shoes. He has been "practicing" his tying on his shorts or other people's shoes, but since he doesn't currently have any shoes that tie, it's a hard thing to teach him. He'll have to have cleats for soccer, so maybe we can work on tying those. I can't wait to see what else he learns and how much he is going to grow in preschool. I already love his teachers, and I know it won't be long before he does too.


Soccer practice starts next week. Lee loves his uniform and getting all his gear on. Now, if he actually likes playing soccer remains to be seen. None of us knows anything about soccer, so we're all learning as we go. I think it will be lots of fun, and we'll see if it's something he is good at or will want to play in the future. One thing is for sure, there will plenty of cute pictures taken along the way!


Lee was having trouble going to sleep, and he came running into the living room to me. He started playing, and I tried to send him back to bed. He gave me a pitiful look and said, "I can't go back to bed right now, Mommy. I'm too fascinated."


This is gross but funny. He has had a runny nose the past few days, and today we were in the car when he asked for a tissue. I said I didn't have one, but we were almost home. He said, "That's okay. I'll try not to lick." I quickly turned around, expecting a mess, but he was fine.


Speaking of the runny nose, we were playing at the Tusas the other day, when Subo and I noticed the boys were being too quiet in the other room. She went to investigate and found Paul using the bathroom, with Lee in there entertaining him. After they came out, Paul told her that Lee used his toothbrush. When she asked Lee about it, he said, "But I didn't use any toothpaste!" Paul has had a runny nose this week, so Subo said Lee would have it soon. And he did. Aren't they funny?


Yesterday Lee asked to watch a certain cartoon, and I told him it wasn't on then. He said, "Can't you DVR it?" We've only had DVR a week, and he's hooked! There was a movie coming on the Disney Channel that he wanted me to record, since it was coming on while we were going to be gone. I told him that I would have to look and see what time it started. He said, "Oh it's at 8, 7 central." Sure enough, the commercial came on shortly, and that's exactly what time it said.

No comments:

Post a Comment