Monday, August 3, 2009

Flower Power

On my way to the mailbox last Friday, this scene stopped me in my tracks.
My surprise lilies had been blown over by the storm the night before. I was crushed, because I love these flowers and only get to enjoy them a couple of weeks a year. I had already cut a few bouquets for our house before this, so I wasn't quite sure what to do with this many flowers. I just couldn't leave them on the ground. Most were still pretty and fragrant, but the stems were broken at the ground.
So....I went to work on making 10 more bouquets! Since they make Matt sneeze something terrible, I couldn't keep them all in the house. Lee and I delivered them around town to friends and family. I had fun making and delivering them. And the best part is that a whole new crop sprung up over the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment