Thursday, September 3, 2009

Tennessee Football....How We Love Thee!

We didn't think football season was ever going to get here again! Here is an ode to our love for Tennessee Football and our joy that it is once again Football Time in Tennessee! Now if we could just keep the weeks from passing so quickly from now until January....

Here is Lee after the final Titans game in January. He's all smiles, even in his 3 layers of clothes!
This is one of my all time favorite pictures of Lee. It is from the first game of the 2008-2009 season. He began removing his cap during the national anthem when he was a little bitty fellow. I still get a little teary every time he does it, especially on his own.
This is the first year in several years that I (we) are truly excited to watch the Vols play. We can't wait to see what the Kiffins (& Marsalis) have in store for us this season!
Here is another one of my very favorites. This was on the way to a playoff game.
This is from the height of Lee's Patriot/Marsalis admiration. He told me that he was "being Marsalis" here. He got 2 years' wear out of his "Patriot suit," and I'm sure going to miss it this season, especially if we're sitting in 26 degree weather like last season.
He told me here that he was Vanden Bosch, who sadly has been replaced as Lee's favorite player this season by Rob Bironas. Lee has always loved Rob, but he claims he is his favorite this season. Of course it's still early.
This is how it all started for Lee. This one is from Lee's very first Patriot game, when he was 3 months old. I don't know what I was doing/thinking that night, but Matt took him to the game all alone. He has never let me forget it either. Either way, Lee has loved football ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment