Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Soccer Kickoff

It's official....I'm a soccer mom! I am so excited that Lee gets to participate in the 4 & 5 year old soccer league. Tonight was the first night of practice. An hour before practice was scheduled to start, we had a thunderstorm with very heavy rain. We live about 5 minutes from the park, so I assumed we would not have practice. Lee took the news well and kept on playing without missing a beat. About 15 minutes before practice was to start, the sun came out and the rain stopped. So I called Lee's coach, and she said that the fields were soggy but she thought we could practice. So we hurriedly got dressed and headed to the park. It was a soggy mess, but the boys loved it.
Of course we made time for a quick picture before practice.
Lee is getting a "stop" with his foot. He had to be reminded a couple times not to use his hands.
He's taking a little break between drills. So cute!
I know I'm very biased, but I think he is an excellent kicker. Of course, I've told him over and over if he ever wants to play football, he will only be allowed to be the kicker. So he's been practicing.
Here is another great kick. I think he is actually better at running and kicking the ball, rather than just standing still to kick.
Last kick!
WHEW! All that running and kicking takes a lot out of a little fellow! He drank a 20 ounce bottle of water during and after practice. He said he had fun and wants to go back again soon. We have 3 practices before our first game. It is so, so cute to watch. He has a fun team and coaches who work really well with this age. He really responded to them and their instructions. I can't wait to see what he learns next week.

1 comment: