Thursday, July 2, 2009

Back by Popular Demand

...okay so, it's just from the Grandparents, but it is nice to be missed! After a busy week, it's time to catch you up on what Lee has been up to.


I took him out to a friend's pond last week to take some pictures commemorating his turning 4. Due to the near-100 degree temperature causing Lee to be a sweaty mess and his lack of cooperation, it took us 2 days to get a few good pictures. Here are some of my favorites.





















This is one of the funniest pictures I have taken of Lee in awhile. He said he needed to sleep in his gloves in case his hands got cold. When I went in to cover him up, he was turned around toward the end of the bed. Seeing the gloves in the picture made it even funnier.

Lee's Pawpaw lets him play a computer game with him when we visit. You use the mouse to pop as many balloons as you can. Lee LOVES it and has learned how to use the mouse on the laptop. He wants to play every day.





I LOVE sleeping pictures! When I went to cover Lee up the other night, he looked like this. I thought it was so cute.










On Friday, Lee's friends, Harrison and Alexis came to play in the water with him. What better way is there to beat the 95 degree heat than a pool, water slide and popsicles?




The boys loved the water guns.























Then someone had a birthday last week. I must admit that I was very spoiled this year. My boys got me some terrific gifts and took me out to dinner. Sorry-no pics of the actual day. Here I am opening my presents (with lots of help) at Nam and Pa's.
When it's your birthday, Nam likes for you to choose what you would like for dinner and dessert. I chose manicotti for my meal, and it was out of this world! Normally, I choose birthday cake for my dessert, but honestly, after so many birthday parties lately, I was kind of tired of it. (I didn't think it was possible, did you?) I did choose this summery strawberry dessert that was wonderful. It is always a hit with the family.

Since we were out of town for Gracie's birthday and for Father's Day, we decided to have one big party on Saturday. The kids started off with some water fun.
Then we headed inside for supper and dessert. Can you tell we were excited about having a party?
Birthday Girls! Apparently I hinted well enough to Shay about how disappointed I was to have missed out on her dirt cake at Gracie's party that she brought one for me to the party! It was yummy, as always. She even puts gummy worms in, and the kids LOVE it! Dad has a very weak stomach and couldn't even look at it, which the kids thought was great fun. They enjoyed pulling the worms out and eating them in front of him. I think he left the room until they were done eating. I did make an apple pie for him for Father's Day, so he had his own dessert.

Then it was back to the pool and slide!
This cutie took swimming lessons 2 weeks ago and is swimming underwater like a pro! (She's not even 3!) I missed the show she put on at Gracie's party, but I plan to make up for it next week when I go for a visit.
I have never heard such giggling in all my life! We had to drag them off the slide at 8:30. It was such a fun day. Oh how we love a party!
Lee has never liked watermelon, but every year he thinks he does and wants some. I always get it for him, hoping he will start to like it like Matt and me. Here he is, ready to dig in.....
...and this was after the first bite! Maybe next year...
Paul more than made up for Lee's lack of enthusiasm. Look at his arms and belly.
Lee has been wanting to get camo shorts ever since we bought some for Hayes for his birthday, but I haven't been able to find any in his size. Last week, Nam found some on sale and got them for him. He was so excited to wear them today. Later, when he realized his friends, Alex, Cole and Charlie are coming tomorrow, he wanted to wear them again. He was so proud of them. The last picture is of some pajamas that he got for his birthday. Before he got these, he wanted to wear firetruck or construction pajamas every night. He loves these so much that he asks about them at least every other night. It's a good thing he looks so cute in them! I just hope he gets tired of them before winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment