Sunday, July 19, 2009

Glorious Saturday

"Glorious!" That's what Lee said when he stepped outside today, and I could not have agreed more. If you were lucky enough to be able to get outside today, you also know it was one of the most perfect weather days of the summer. We even turned off the A/C and opened all of the windows for some fresh air. Matt and I had a busy day planned in the yard, so we were excited that it turned out so nice. While I was mowing, Matt and Lee washed my car. Every time I would make a lap around to where I could see them, I wished I had my camera. It was so cute watching Lee trying to do everything his daddy was doing. He even had his own sponge and little stool so he could reach where Matt was washing. I was glad I missed the spanking that occurred somewhere in there. Matt informed me later that Lee asked him if he was wet. When Matt said no, Lee sprayed him up and down his back with the hose and said, "Well, now you are!" I laughed but knew it wouldn't be so funny if he did that to me. Next, Matt took over on the mower while I cleaned the inside of the car. Since cleaning the inside didn't interest Lee, he washed his gator and then drove around picking up sticks out of Matt's way. Aside from the soaking-daddy-episode, he had such a great day. We got a lot done since he was so good. We asked what he would like to do for a reward, and he wanted to go to the park. We haven't been in awhile since it has been so hot, but today was the perfect day. He was so excited and wanted to show Matt all of his tricks.








After we left the park, we went to eat at Lee's favorite Mexican restaurant for supper. He decided to try an enchilada tonight instead of his usual taco, and he L-O-V-E-D it. Before we knew it, he had eaten the entire thing and was scraping up the crumbs. I have a feeling he will be requesting them at home soon. I had better start practicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment