Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesday with the Coffields

Alex and Katie came to stay with us today, and I surprised them with a trip to the city pool. Lee has been wanting to go ever since he took swim lessons. Katie and Alex have been going every week with their group from Kids Club, so they already knew they loved it. There were very few kids there, probably due to the chance of rain and cooler temperatures. We had a blast, and the kids swam until they were just exhausted. Katie swims like a champ, and Alex is just getting confident enough to jump off of the diving board. I knew if he jumped once, he would be hooked. I was right. Lee jumped enough times that he was tiring out in the middle of the pool and needing help getting to the side. So I made him head to the shallow end to rest. I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked, but I was a "Nervous Nellie" so I stayed very close while they jumped and swam to the ladder. Here are a few of my favorites though.

They wanted to jump at the same time. I didn't get the best picture, because I didn't want to walk around the pool too far from them, for the sake of a better angle.
3 Amigos
Lee called the diving board, the "high dive." I guess it was because it is higher than an average board. From a nervous Mommy's perspective, it was pretty darn high!
What kind of swim day would be complete without popsicles??

No comments:

Post a Comment