Friday, July 24, 2009


There were no more "stranger dog" sightings today, so apparently we were just a layover for him. I hope he has a home with a nice family. Now I wish that I had tried to check his tag for some identification. Our Buzz went missing about 4 years ago for a week, and it was horrible for us. I hope his family isn't looking for him and worrying about him like we were then.

Today, we went to the library to pick up Lee's certificate that he was given for participating in the Summer Reading Program. I was so proud when he excitedly asked the library worker if he could still check out books. She smiled and assured him that he could come any time. I get so excited when he wants to choose his own books and then makes a special effort to take care of them. Next we went to Studio J to retrieve the baseball bank that Lee painted last week with his friend, Harrison. I was concerned that it wouldn't look like much, since Lee was more interested in playing with Harrison than painting. But it turned out really cute, and Lee is SO proud of it. He begged for some coins when we got home to put in there. He'll be cleaning out Matt's pockets for spare change until it's full.

Matt had asked me earlier in the day if I would like to go to Murray for supper when he got home. Of course I did, so we were ready when he got home. It was sunny and pretty when we left, but as we were passing through Whitlock, it began to rain. By the time we got to Hwy. 641, we could barely see, because it was raining so hard. Thankfully Matt was driving slow, because we came over a hill and saw something in the road and a car off the side of the road. As we got closer, the car started driving, and we saw that it was a long ladder in the middle of the road. Matt and I agreed that we couldn't leave it there. So, being the hero that he is, he pulled off of the road and ran back to get it. He tried to stop the car that was coming, but the driver was on a cell phone and was not paying attention and ran over the ladder. I was watching in the mirror and was afraid they might rear end us due to their lack of attention. Matt quickly grabbed the ladder and threw it off of the side of the road and ran back to our car. He was pretty soaked by then. I felt bad for him, but he handled it well and kept going. It was a scary couple of minutes watching the cars swerve. I was surprised that no one else stopped to help. Matt really saved the day. We kept on toward Murray and by the time we got to Puryear, it was sunny enough that we needed sunglasses again. Such strange Tennessee weather we have! We had a wonderful time and delicious meal at the Big Apple Cafe.

I was putting Lee to bed tonight, and he was being especially sweet to me. After we finished his books, he handed me one end of his prized blanket and asked if I would like to cuddle it. So we each had an end to the blanket to cuddle. Then in an attempt to keep me from leaving, he threw his arm around my neck and kept it there until he was asleep. I didn't mind it one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment