Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Busy Day

After we dropped Lee off at school, Wade and I picked Daddy up at work and went to vote. We had 3 local races that were contested. One of the candidates stopped by our house yesterday for a visit. For some reason, Lee was running around in his underwear at the time, and I was feeding Wade. When I heard a knock at the back door, I assumed it was Nam and sent Lee to the door to let her in. He came back and said, "Mom, it's not Nam. It's a woman I don't know." So I jumped up and quickly put myself together and went to the door. She was campaigning on our road and stopped by just to meet Wade. She has small children of her own, so she understood the current chaos she just walked in on. She was very sweet, and even though she already had my vote, she certainly sealed the deal with her visit! Later, Aunt Clara came for a visit. She stayed with the boys while I went to the grocery store.
This is what I came home and found. The 3 lazy bones were cuddling on the couch. It was a rainy day, perfect for snuggling!
Wade's umbilical cord stump finally fell off at 3 weeks, so he was ready for a real bath. I have been anxiously awaiting this day. He has been really scaly, and I have been wanting to scrub him in the real tub. After his reaction to the sponge baths, I was ready for his crying this time. He didn't like the bath in the tub any better than he did the sponge bath.
The pacifier did help to calm him down. Mom thought this was so funny when we did it with Lee. What do you think, Mawmaw? Is the paci in the bath still funny with Wade?
Of course, my helper wanted to pull up a chair. Matt circled us taking pictures while Lee and I took turns washing Wade.
Lee disappeared while I was getting Wade dried and his pajamas on for the night. I knew he was being very quiet in his room. I peeked in and found him snuggled in his bed reading a book. So I snuck out to get the camera. I can't think of many sweeter pictures I have of this precious boy. He is such an eager reader these days. Now at bedtime, he wants us to read a book and then let him have a turn to read us. It is one of my favorite parts of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment