Monday, April 5, 2010

Grand Finale!

This is our last in-utero-Wade-update! It's thrilling and sad all at the same time. While I can't wait to meet him and welcome him into our family, I am sure going to miss being pregnant. It has been a very easy and uneventful pregnancy. I was sick until week 15 and haven't gotten much sleep since then, but those were the worst parts. He is still very active and has made it very hard the last 2 weeks to sit through both church and Sunday School. He weighs about 8 1/2 pounds and is about 21 inches long according to the website I read and based on his 32 week ultrasound. We'll know for sure in less than 7 hours! I know I should be asleep, but I'm far too excited. I stayed up to enjoy my last meal for 24 hours at 11:30 PM, and since I still wasn't too tired after that, I decided to just enjoy the peace and quiet in our house. I knew that if I went to bed, I would just think about how soon I would be getting up and wondering if I forgot anything. I don't think it's possible since there is a list posted in nearly every room of our house! I get so excited like this before we go on a trip that I do the same thing and end up crashing the next night early. I figured I'll have enough pain meds tomorrow night that I'll sleep whether I want to or not, so I'm not too concerned about the lack of sleep right now. We cleaned out the car this afternoon and installed Wade's car seat. I can't believe how much we have forgotten in 5 years! That was more of an ordeal that I had imagined. I was glad Matt didn't remember it all either, so I didn't feel so bad. I can't wait to see what Lee thinks about having a back seat passenger with him.

Speaking of Lee, he was more than ready to head to the Grandparents' when they came to get him. He jumped in their car without even getting his things. When I reminded him of his new suitcase, he quickly jumped out and loaded everything up with him.
Matt and I had to ask for good-bye hugs and kisses. I can't believe we were concerned about him not wanting to leave us. He doesn't stay away from home very often, so we were worried he might be sad. Let me assure you that was NOT the case. Thanks Nam and Pa for taking such good care of our new Big Brother!

2 comments:

  1. Well...no updates??? You act like you are busy or something :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, speaking of blog fixes....we are in need of some pictures of that sweet baby Wade and his handsome big brother Lee! HA! Okay, I have seen some of FB so I guess I can't complain too much! :)

    ReplyDelete