Monday, September 28, 2009

Just Peachy




Hello 13 weeks and good-bye 1st trimester! I hope the 1st trimester takes with it, the "morning sickness" that doesn't actually happen to occur in the morning. Does anyone else agree that a man must have come up with that term? It definitely is not morning sickness. It should be called any- time-of-day sickness, most inconvenient time and place sickness, robber of my favorite foods sickness. I could go on and on. Morning sickness almost sounds cheerful. If it truly was morning sickness, I would know when to expect it, and I could almost be prepared for it. That's not at all what is happening. So when people ask if I've had morning sickness, I can honestly say no. However, it is getting better, and I am very thankful for that.
Now on to the star of the show. Eloise is now 13 weeks and is the size of a peach. It is 3 inches long and is developing vocal chords this week. Of course they won't be tested until he/she enters the world. The intestines are forming and are moving into their permanent position inside the abdomen. I didn't think the baby had grown that much this week, just looking at the peach in Lee's hand, but when I looked back at the lime picture, I could definitely tell a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment