Friday, September 11, 2009

Funny Boy


Lee has been beyond excited about preschool the last 2 days. He has gotten up so easily in the mornings, and when I tell him it's time to go, he races to the door. Each day, I have been shocked at how comfortable he is going into his classroom. He goes right in and checks himself in and goes about his business. I literally have to chase him down to tell him goodbye. The best part is when I pick him up, he talks so excitedly about his day. He has never been one to tell me details on his own, so I have been so surprised how much he wants to tell me. Yesterday, I asked him how his day was and he said, "It was great-a-rooni!" Since he was grinning so big when he said it, I assumed that was a good thing! He has to take a snack with a drink every day, which has been fun for both of us to decide on and pack. His teachers are really focused on being healthy and only bringing healthy snacks. The first day, he said he wanted to take "a couple Reese cups and a sprite." Even though it sounds like a perfectly good snack to me, that is not what he normally has for a snack at home, and I don't think his teachers would approve. Last night, I asked him if he wanted me to make a trail mix with marshmallows, pretzels and raisins for his snack today. He said, "Oooh, that doesn't sound very healthy. I'll just take the marshmallows." Apparently snack time is a big deal, because he tells me who he sat by and what they brought for a snack. I asked if he shared his snack, and he said that wasn't allowed. I assume it's for allergy purposes. Yesterday, he said he had the choice of doing a puppet show, playing at the art table or singing. He chose the art table. I asked him if he made anything for me, and he said, "No, I made a get well card for Paul." I asked if his teachers asked him to do that, and he said no. I thought that was so, so sweet of him. He has really missed his best buddy this week. The last funny thing on my list is from last night. He did something naughty, and I gave him a bad look. He said, "Mom, I'm sorry I made you glare." I asked him what glare means, and he said, "It's when you act bad, and your mommy gives you a bad look." I thought that was so funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment