Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Baby Eloise

Here is a peek into how Eloise is growing from week to week. So far, Lee thinks it's a hoot to ask what it looks like today. This is his first question every morning. I thought it would be fun to include him in documenting the baby's growth each week. Plus, what could possibly be a cuter prop that these sweet baby's, ahem, preschooler's hands?


Week 5-size of a mustard seed
There are so many funny stories to share here, but I'll stick to my favorite. When I put the seed in his hand, I told him to open wide so I could see it. He dropped it repeatedly, and every time he would say, "WAIT! I dropped Eloise!!" It was hilarious every time.
Week 6-size of a pea
Its heart is now beating, and facial features are forming. We had an ultra sound during this week and saw the heartbeat. The baby looked like a butter bean.

Week 7-size of a blueberry (& yes Lee ate the display)
Arm and leg buds are forming, and brain cells are developing at 100 cells per minute!
8 weeks-size of a Hershey's kiss (Lee ate this one too!)
It has webbed fingers and toes and a heart rate of 150 beats per minute. Spine is also taking shape.
9 weeks-size of a grape (Yep, Lee ate it too!)
It has grown nearly an inch in the past week. Muscles are forming, and it's able to move arms and legs now.
10 weeks-size of a marshmallow (It must be the Halloween version. We had a hard time finding food to fit this week's measurements!)
It now has elbows and knees that will soon be able to bend. Buds that will be teeth one day are forming, and the stomach and kidneys are now functioning.

11 weeks-size of a vanilla wafer
This is a big growth week for Eloise. Also, it is getting hair follicles, nails, a palate and tongue. Its ears are in place, and the fingers and toes are no longer webbed. Little Eloise is hard at work this week!
How is all of that for amazing?
"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him." 1 Samuel 1:27

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful way to teach Lee about how the baby is growing and the wonder of God's ability to create life! I was so blessed by this!

    ReplyDelete