Monday, September 28, 2009

Flowers and Butterflies

This weekend, Lee and Matt were working outside, and I heard Lee sneak in and then run right back outside. So I followed him to see what he was up to.
He had snuck inside and grabbed his safety scissors to cut me some flowers. I think he was sawing away to cut the flowers. Safety scissors are not the best option for cutting fresh flowers.
Then he sawed away on the leaves to make it "smooth."
Lee helped to plant these flowers in May, and I can't believe that some of them are taller than him now.

We stalked this beautiful butterfly around the yard. It seemed like it wanted us to chase it.
So we did.
It took a dozen tries, but I finally got a picture of it with its wings spread.
Then, it made a new friend and ditched us.

No comments:

Post a Comment