Monday, September 14, 2009

A Class Act

My heart is just broken over hearing about Patrick Swayze's death. I, like all girls my age, fell head over heels for him in Dirty Dancing, which by the way, is one of the best movies of all time! More than my love for his acting and dance moves, I have respected him in his battle with cancer. I was crushed to hear the news and then to watch him waste away in photos over the past year. I loved that he granted interviews to discuss his treatment and his plans for the future, when he could have easily gone into hiding. I love that as sick as he must have been, he still fought to fund research for a cure to his type of cancer. I love that in a world that glamorizes and publicizes the 10 minute marriages made in Hollywood, he and his wife were married for 34 years. I love that he is getting attention for being a true class act when there are so many talentless, classless "entertainers" like Kanye West trying any kind of stunt to garner attention for themselves. I think the entertainment industry lost a great guy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment