Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday thoughts

This morning, we had some workers here, who were working outside our living room door. I was standing there watching them, and Lee, who had asked me to color with him, said, "Mommy, why aren't you prac-ticipating?" I guess I wasn't moving fast enough for him.

Later, he wanted to build with blocks, and I said that I had planned for us to do some work in his new workbook. He sighed in a really dramatic way and said, "That sounds like too much work for me."

He hasn't been able to say his R's until recently. I've been making a big deal out of it when he says a word the right way. Now, he has started rolling his R's, and it is hilarious. He really emphasizes the R's and makes a face with it. My favorite example is when he says "grilled cheese."

For all my picture taking, printing-procrastinating, money saving friends, you should know that Walgreens is running a special this week where you can print 50 pictures for $5. This applies to online orders too. You can upload to snapfish or walgreens and either pick them up at walgreens or have them mailed to you. The online code is FIFTYPIC, and if you print in the store, the coupon is on page 5 of this week's flyer. It ends on Saturday, so hurry!

And because it makes me twitch to have a post without a picture, here is a current picture of Lee's bed. Somehow in the last month, I have lost control of the "friend" situation. Lee sleeps with a blanket at night, and I have always allowed him a couple friends too. With Easter bringing new "friends" as well as Lee digging out some old ones, the number currently stands at 8. He doesn't necessarily cuddle each one at night, but he likes knowing they're there. I'm pretty sure we have a complete aquarium displayed right now, thanks to the dolphin Lee won at the carnival last week. They all have names too, so when we make his bed in the mornings, he calls them by name to put them on his bed. It's pretty funny, but it's going to be hard to sneak a few back into the toy bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment