Tuesday, April 21, 2009

8 Years and Counting....

Matt and I celebrated our 8th anniversary today. Actually, we kicked off the anniversary festivites on Saturday at one of our very favorite places.... This seafood restaurant is right on the river in Paducah, and not only is the food excellent, but the atmosphere is romantic and warm. We love, love, love going there. Every time we go, I have hopes of sitting outside to enjoy the scenery while we have dinner. It hasn't happened yet. It is cool and rainy every time we go to eat there, so it has gotten to be a joke to us.

Before dinner, we like to walk down by the river and watch the boats. It was a pretty busy day, and Lee loved it. If it wasn't so cool that day, we would have stayed a lot longer.

He's showing Daddy his favorite tug.
This train is downtown too, and Lee remembered it from our last visit and could hardly wait to see it again. Last time, I let Lee sit on it, even though there was a sign saying not to climb on the train. This time, Matt "warned" me not to even mention it to Lee. The pictures were still pretty cute.

But Lee really wanted to stand on the caboose! I wanted him to too!


Since today was insanely busy, we just planned to go to a late dinner at the Olive Pit. Our waitress was new and frazzled, so we didn't get her to take our picture. These are the best I got from today.

I have been needing and wanting a better camera for some time now, and Matt got it for me. I haven't had much time to read the 3 manuals that came with it, but I can't wait to get started!
I got Matt (and me) tickets to see James Taylor next month! I have kept it a secret since February, so I was about to burst tonight to tell him. He was pretty excited, even though the concert is on a Wednesday night at 8:00. He is usually headed to bed around that time, but hopefully he can stay awake for some JT! We love going to concerts, but it has been 3 years since we have been to one. Hopefully, this one will be worth the wait!
Enough about the newlyweds (ha), and on to the cuteness! Lee's dessert was this yummy cookie drizzled with hot fudge. Normally, he inhales a cookie and asks for another. Tonight, he was savoring every bite.
I couldn't leave the Olive Pit without my favorite treat....Tennessee Cheesecake!


As exhausting as it has been, today has been a wonderful day that I hate to see come to an end. On one hand, it seems like yesterday that we were married, and on the other, it seems like Matt has always been in my life. Every day is a new adventure, and after all this time, no one makes me laugh like he does. I am so happy with my little family and can't wait to see what our future holds.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary....a few days late! Look forward to seeing some great pics with your new camera! You'll be amazed at the difference it makes (I don't even know how to properly use mine, and it is sooo much better than the little point and shoot!).

    ReplyDelete