Monday, May 4, 2009

Looks like me, acts like his Daddy...

Lee looks a lot like my brother and me when we were his age, but here lately, he says things that sound just like Matt! Today has been full of examples, but I'll just share my 2 favorites.

1. When I got up this morning, I heard Lee snoring. It was loud enough that I was concerned he was stuffy. He slept a little bit longer, and when he woke up, he came running to find me. He said, "Mommy, I have to take this opportunity to tell you that I have been laying quietly in my bed trying to rest, but Buzz kept barking. I couldn't rest with all. that. barking." (I wish I could write it with the articulation he uses. He emphasizes the ending words, and it is hilarious.) Buzz had been barking, but he didn't interfere with Lee's "rest." I thought it was so funny that he acted like he had been resting in his room, when he had been sleeping so soundly that he was snoring--again like his Daddy!!

2. I had asked Lee to do a couple of things tonight that never got done. So at bedtime, I told him that I was disappointed that he had not been a better listener. He put his hands on his hips and said, "Mommy, this is unfortunate, because I love it when you tell me that I have been a good listener."

Now, do you all see how I'm living with Matt and mini-Matt? I was telling Emma at lunch today that he has been using these big words lately in the right context, but when I ask him what they mean, he says he has no idea. He's so funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment