Sunday, April 5, 2009

Recent funnies

At bath time tonight, Lee was exhausted and very grumpy. While washing his hair, he said I was hurting his hair. I didn't respond. While washing his arms, he said I was hurting his arms. I still didn't respond. This went on and on. I didn't say a word, because I was just trying to hurry and get him clean. When I got him out of the tub, I was drying him off, and he got the maddest look on his face and said, "Mommy, you are just roughing my whole body!" As soon as the words came out of his mouth, we both laughed so hard.

I like to clip his nails right after a bath, because they are soft. So tonight before I put his socks on, I clipped his toenails. I had no plans to clip his fingernails, but he held both hands up in my face and said, "Would you look at these nails? They are SOOOO long!" I asked if he wanted them clipped too, and he did. For the record, they were long, but I could have waited a few more days.

Yesterday at the car dealership, Lee had been above-average-good. We were there for nearly 5 hours, so it was completely understandable if he fell apart at any minute, but he didn't. I did take some snacks and activities to help him cope. During a particularly tense few minutes when Matt and I were trying to make a decision, Matt stuck his hand in his pocket and said, "WHAT is this?" He pulled out a half eaten sucker that Lee had stuck in Matt's pants pocket. The best part was when he pulled it out, it strung out a green slobbery mess right onto Lee's head. Needless to say, the tension was gone, and we all had a huge laugh over it. On the way home, we told Lee that he could just wait and have his bath before church this morning. He looked so puzzled and said that he didn't need a bath. We reminded him of the sucker incident, which brought on more giggles.

Last night at bedtime, Lee couldn't find his blanket. Matt told him he thought it was still in the dryer and he would get it. When Matt started down the hall, he heard footsteps behind him and Lee said, "I'm right behind you big guy!"

I told him that it might snow tomorrow, and he made the funniest face with his nose wrinkled up and said, "Well this is just ridiculous!" I agree!!!

His favorite candy from the egg hunt was "Lappy Tappy." He first said "Happy Tappy" until someone corrected him.

No comments:

Post a Comment