Thursday, April 16, 2009

Story Hour Homework

Once a month, Lee gets a "Story in a Bag" from Story Hour. He calls it his homework. It comes with a book and a bag full of crafts that go with the book. It is always a lot of fun, but this month, there was paint! Lee was so excited. The book was about a white bunny who gets into paint, and it teaches kids what color is made my mixing 2 other colors. I was impressed at how many Lee already knew. It also came with a book to paint. On each page, there was an object to paint and the color to paint it. Lee was really good at painting, and he sounded out the words that he didn't know already.

He's blowing it dry, so he can hurry on to the next page.

1 down, 4 more to go!

The turtle was my favorite, because Lee painted around the spots. I really love when he is creative. He painted the rest of the turtle green, and then painted the spots black.

On this page, he was supposed to paint each crayon the right color. I asked him to see if he could do it alone. He got every color right!

He noticed me taking a picture of his page and wanted to be in it too.


This picture is from last month when we had Dr. Seuss day at Story Hour. I just saw it when I was clearing my camera. They made and colored these hats at school. Lee was very proud of his.

No comments:

Post a Comment