Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday

Mom came to stay with us for a few days while I recover from my gall bladder removal. (We're still not using the "S" word...surgery.) Lee has been in full entertainment mode. While they were in the waiting room, Lee announced to the entire room that his mommy works at Dairy Delight. Matt said, "Lee, she does not." And he quickly rebutted, "Except she does!" Maybe he wishes I worked there, so he could get ice cream any time he wants. He and mom were waiting on the back porch for us to get home. Mom saw a white SUV coming down the road, and she said, "Lee here they come." He looked up and said, "Mawmaw, that isn't a Nissan!" And it wasn't. I'm sure there are many more funnies from the day, but my favorite is about our neighbor's dog, Little Jake. Little Jake is a barker, and he usually runs when he sees Lee. Lee desperately wants to pet him, but he just runs away too fast. Today, they were outside playing, and Jake came over to play. Lee told me later how he wished he could pet Little Jake, and maybe when he is a 12 year old, he won't be scared of little boys anymore.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Stacy! I did not know you were having surgery! I hope you get well soon...if there is anything I can do for you please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Lee you had a cholecystectomy!! He'll like that! Hope you recover quickly....mine came out 2 years ago. The surgery wasn't too bad for me but figuring out a new diet low in fat was! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura-I didn't know you had the same procedure. I'm feeling really good right now. If I can pronounce the word, I'll be sure to tell Lee about it. I have a feeling the diet will be a challenge for me too. Thanks for checking in.

    ReplyDelete