Thursday, May 14, 2009

Super-Date Night

Matt and I usually have a date night once a month or so, where we leave Lee with the Tusas and go to dinner and maybe a movie. Most of the dinner, we laugh and contemplate what Lee and Paul are doing. However, last night was the date night to end all date nights! We missed Lee a lot, but somehow in our excitement, we didn't spend a lot of time wondering what mischief he was creating for his grandparents. We had a nice dinner downtown Nashville, but the main fun was seeing James Taylor in concert! He was at TPAC, so it was an intimate concert, where other than a dozen ovations, everyone stayed in their seats and just enjoyed the show. He was brilliant, funny, and just as talented as ever. It went down as one of the best concerts I have ever attended. Most of you who know me well, know that I rarely leave the house without my camera. Well....the last time we visited TPAC, I nearly had my camera confiscated for taking Lee's picture before The Wizard of Oz. So yesterday, I contemplated taking my camera "just in case." Knowing how tempted I'd be to take an illegal picture, I decided to avoid temptation and leave the camera at home. As luck would have it, cameras were allowed not only inside TPAC, but also inside Jackson Hall! Everyone around us snapped pictures like crazy. I was crushed, although I did make a weak attempt at a picture with my cell phone. It was lame. So, I'll just have to live with the memories created instead of pictures to look back on in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment