Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fall Pictures

I LOVE taking fall pictures! From the first of October, I feel like I am constantly on a mission to find the perfect location to pose my favorite subject for some pictures. There is a place on the railroad tracks close to our house that is always beautiful. I think we went about a week too early this year, so the leaves weren't at their peak. I still like the pictures. However, this week, I hit the photography jackpot! I dressed my favorite fellow in his Christmas attire (in hopes that I might get a Christmas card picture) and headed to Carroll Lake. I have been "stalking" this location for a few weeks checking the progress on the leaves. When we drove up this week, I was speechless at how absolutely beautiful the lake looked. I wasn't sure about the best time of day, but we really got lucky, and the sun was perfect. We were there for an hour and a half, taking pictures, watching the fishermen, taking a walk through the woods, and sitting on the levee admiring the view. The best word I could find for the scene was stunning. I had so much fun posing Lee, but honestly, every location around the lake was so beautiful that I mainly just chased him around snapping pictures. So, after 1 1/2 hours, 200+ pictures and 1 tired mama, we headed home. The sun was setting, and we just enjoyed the view and each other. Here are a few favorites from our afternoon of fun. I'll apologize for withholding the best and my favorites, as there is no possible way for me to chose right now which ones will be on our Christmas cards. Also, I desperately need a lesson on Photoshop. I have the program and love playing with it, but I don't feel like I am actually making my pictures better. So, if any of you out there can give me some advice, please let me know!










No comments:

Post a Comment