Tuesday, November 17, 2009

20 Weeks=Halfway There!


Eloise is 20 weeks today, which is halfway through a full term pregnancy. If everything goes according to plan, we will actually have her/him at 39 weeks, so technically, we're more than halfway there! Eloise is about 6 1/2 inches long and weighs about 10 1/2 ounces, which is comparable to a large banana. While at Kroger today, I could not find a banana that fit the measurements, so I tried an eggplant. It was the perfect weight, but I couldn't find one long enough. I tried several vegetables and finally spotted sweet potatoes. As luck would have it, after weighing 4, I found the perfect one. I was only slightly embarrassed when the produce manager came to see if he could help. I didn't bother to explain my reasoning for weighing 1 of nearly all his larger vegetables. I wonder what he was thinking as he watched me weigh 1 eggplant, then 1 squash, then 1 avocado, etc. Then I left with 1 sweet potato. I laughed later when thinking about him watching me.
This week, the baby will begin establishing a sleep pattern. If this is accurate, we're in trouble! It is pretty still all day long and then moves all night long, beginning around 10:30! Of course, there is still plenty of time to change those sleep habits. We can hope anyway. The biggest news of Week 20 will be from the ultra sound. We will get to see it and make sure it is healthy and find out if it is a boy or girl. That will be on Monday at 1:00. Please join us in praying that Eloise looks good and is healthy. We can't wait to share our news with you, if you don't already hear our squeals from the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment