Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekend update

On Saturday, Lee and I went to Paul's and Hayes's ball games. Lee and Paul played a lot together during Hayes's game, and Lee wasn't ready to say goodbye when it was time to leave. He was very whiny when we got home and wanting to play some more with Paul. He said something like this, "I just miss him. I want to see him again now. I never get enough of that kid." It was really dramatic, and there were tears involved.

Lee has been learning about the Ten Commandments in his Sunday School Class, and he brought a worksheet home to use here for reminders. The worksheet calls the Commandments, "God's Rules." So we have been talking about them at home and trying to incorporate them when appropriate. This morning, Lee did not want to get up for church and was in a horrible mood. He kept saying, "I don't want to go to church today. Let's just stay home." So in a moment of desperation, I told him that God's Rules say to remember the Sabbath and keep it holy. I explained (through the tantrum) that God wants us to go to church to learn more about Him. He finally pulled it together, and we made it to church. Tonight, as his bath water was running, Lee decided he wanted to play a game on the computer. I told him no and there wasn't enough time to play before his bath. He crossed his arms and said, "Mommy, you aren't remembering God's Rules. His Rules say that you are supposed to be nice to your kids. If they want to play a game, you should let them." Funny that I don't remember that rule.

While Lee was in the bath tub, he asked me if I knew what "grass lilies" were. I said no, and he went on to explain that Subo had asked Paul if he saw any "grass lilies" at Nam's. He said it with such authority too. I asked if he thought it was really "day lilies" that Subo had said. He sat there for a minute and finally smiled really big. He said, "Oh yeah, Mama. That's what she said....day lilies." I couldn't believe he admitted that he was wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment