Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Library Fun and more

I don't have to tell most of you how much I love my new camera. I have enjoyed learning about it and reading the 2 inch thick owner's manual. I would even like to take a class if one is offered locally. Recently I have begun playing with a very basic editing program. I'm amazed at what you can do to change a picture. Here are some of my latest creations.

I don't usually like black and white pictures of Lee, because I like to see his baby blues. This is an in-between feature. It isn't full color, but it isn't black and white either.
Here's Hope Ellen. I chose black and white, with some shading for this picture, because she had a scratch under her nose. Someone with more experience would have known how to take the scratch off. However, I like the way this one looks in black and white.

Gracie was such a little poser the other day, so I took advantage of the opportunity to play. I didn't add any color to this. Her cheeks were this rosy, and her lips are that pink. I showed the original to Matt for proof. He said he didn't like when I added color.
Last is Brylie. This is called antique. There were people standing in the background, so I liked that it hid them, and the focus was on B. It's just a fun thing I like to do when I have time.

Now on to our day....
Our local library does a summer reading program for kids and also sponsors a story hour on Wednesdays. I signed Katie, Alex and Lee up last week and took the Coffields to check out their first 5 books yesterday. We're still waiting on Lee's library card to come in the mail so he can check out his books too. All 3 kids are taking a trip next week, so it started at a great time so they'll have some new material to read in the car. Today was our first day for story hour. The Coffields got to come with their group from school too. The entertainment was an author and illustrator, who sang his books to us. He played the guitar and was very entertaining. The kids loved him. At the end of the program, the director told us that next week would be "Safari Greg." She said that he tells all about the jungle and brings animals when he comes. Immediately, I began to think of what kind of animals he could bring. After class, we were visiting with Carly and Grandmom, and they informed us that last time, he brought an anaconda. That sealed the deal for us. I will not intentionally be in the same building as a snake, especially one that could eat me. Lucky for Lee, after I shared all this with Nam, she fearlessly offered to take Lee next week. Another friend told me that he was at their library last week and brought 2 snakes and let the kids hold and touch them. I don't think I have to worry about my child being interested in that. At least I hope not!

Since Lee's birthday, our house looks like a Cars toy store. This afternoon, Lee and I went to Wal-Mart to invest in some containers to store the different Cars sets. I was pleased with the results, except that my label maker died as I was making the labels for the new boxes. He loves everything so much and can never choose just one thing to play with, so every day all the Cars toys are out at once. It's fine while he's playing with them, but it is a hassle at the end of the day to sort them and put everything in their places. Hopefully, with the new storage boxes, our routine will be a little easier.

We have anxiously been awaiting the start of the Diamond Jaxx season. For the past couple of weeks, we have had too much going on to attend a game. The next couple of weeks are just as busy, so our first game will be the July 3rd game, and we are SO excited. We love the weekly fireworks anyway, so to be able to catch their HUGE display will be awesome!

I'm really jealous of all my friends who are on their way to the CMA Music Festival in Nashville! I registered several places for giveaways, but so far, I haven't been the winner. I guess I should just come to terms with the fact that I'm not going to be since it starts tomorrow, huh? I have recently become a fan of Lady Antebellum and would love to see them. Honestly, I didn't want to give them a chance, because I thought their name stunk. I still do, but I LOVE their music and their story even more. Anyway, I hope the weather is perfect and everyone has a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment