Sunday, March 15, 2009

We're Off to See the Wizard....


Matt, Lee and I went to Union City today to see the Masquerade Theatre's production of The Wizard of Oz. It was wonderful, just as every other play I've seen there has been. The MT really is one of the best attractions in Union City. The community involvement and support is amazing. I get so excited at the beginning of the year to get my flyer announcing the upcoming plays. The Wizard did not disappoint. Lee sat so still for the entire 2 1/2 hours and was completely mesmerized by the entire production. I was in awe of the number of young performers who mastered their parts and really shone on the stage. I was so thankful to be able to take Lee. I just love that he treasures this wonderful, classic movie just as much as he does any current cartoon. What a testimony to the lasting legacy this film is still enjoying after 80 years!


While at the play, I was thrilled to run into some "old" friends. Three of them were some of my favorite girls that I worked with for 4 years at First State Bank. What a treat it was to see them! During intermission, I heard a wonderfully familiar voice calling my name. It was MeLeah, who has been in my life since we were in 3rd grade. Her precious niece, Marlee, was in the cast. We only had a few minutes to catch up, but it was great to see her and Wes.

1 comment:

  1. It was such a sweat treat to see all three of you at the play! I couldn't ask for a better surprise! Wes and I were so happy to see y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete