Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sunshiny Saturday

One of my favorite things about living in Tennessee is celebrating the four distinct seasons. I love something about each of them. I am one of very few people I know that isn't sick of the snow. It's January. It's supposed to be cold, and in my opinion, if it's going to be cold, bring on the snow. Plus it helps that Lee and I have a blast playing in it. Is it a chore to get all of us bundled up to go out? Yes. Is it exhausting to lug Wade around while playing with Lee? Yes. Are my floors a wet, muddy mess when we come in? Yes. Would I trade it for a million bucks? Not a chance! I know these precious days will fly by so quickly, and one day all too soon, playing in the snow with me will not be on Lee's favorite things to do list. As much as I have enjoyed our cold and snowy week, today's warm, sunshiny day came at the perfect time. My little guys each woke up very early, grumpy and not feeling so great. Lee actually had a low grade temp and was feeling achy. I was afraid he was getting the flu, but after some meds and playing outside all day, he is much better. I think Wade's gums were hurting, and combined with not getting enough sleep, he was intolerable. He was a crying, clingy mess. He would not take a nap or let me put him down. It was a l-o-n-g morning. By the time Matt got home from work, it was much warmer outside. He was planning to clean up our vehicles, so we joined him outside. I don't think any kind of medicine could have cured my boys the way their large dose of sun did today.
After a 6 mile stroll and a 2 hour nap, this guy was in much better spirits.
His nap came late in the afternoon, but he was so exhausted from the night and early morning that he still went to bed at his usual time tonight and was asleep within a couple of minutes.
What a difference 3 days make!
A snowsuit on Wednesday and a onesie on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment