Sunday, January 16, 2011

Perfect Weekend

This weekend was one of those that I want to rewind and play again. It was wonderful!
Saturday, we spent the day at home enjoying the sun and family time. That night, we went to Andrew's 6th birthday party at Mr. Gatti's in Murray. We had never been there before, but it was so much fun, and we are already anticipating our next trip. We enjoyed our night visiting with friends that we don't get to see as much as we'd like.
Sunday night, we were humbled to be a part of my dad's baptism at Walnut Log Baptist Church, the same church where my brother was baptized 2 years ago and where I was a member when I was baptized 20 years ago. (At the time, there was no baptistry, so I was baptized in Reelfoot Lake.) At 62 years old, Dad has started attending church regularly for the first time in his life. I am so proud of his courage to go to church and then to dedicate his life to the Lord. I am in awe of God's love for us and for second (& third) chances.

"But I trust in your unfailing love, my heart rejoices in your salvation." Psalm 13:5

I'll admit that this next part is VERY trivial compared to Dad's baptism, but it is in sequence, as this is the last picture taken this weekend. We swaddled Wade at bedtime for several months, and he loved it. Unfortunately, he got too big and was waking up crying when he would come undone. So we had to end the swaddling and get him adjusted to sleeping uncovered. Then winter came. And boy did it come! One night last month, the wind chill was 4 below! I couldn't stand the thought of him being uncovered, so I began putting a light blanket on top of him and tucking it under him. However, he is all over the bed now, so we were worried it was unsafe. While looking for a blanket the other day, I came across this "baby sleep sack" that someone gave us for a gift. It was too big for newborn Wade, so I put it in a drawer with his heavier blankets for later and forgot about it. I got it out and tried it on Wade, and he immediately snuggled down in it. He has used it every night this week and seems to love it. His feet are at the bottom, so I googled it and found out that not only do they come in much larger sizes, but they also come in different fabrics. I haven't ordered any yet, because I thought I might find them in a store cheaper. I love it and feel good about his being warm at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment