Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wade at 38 Weeks

It is still very surreal to me that we are only 2 weeks away from welcoming our sweet, baby boy. The months have really flown this time. This week, he weighs about 8 pounds and is around 20 1/2 inches long. At my doctor's appointment today, we confirmed the date of April 5th and 7:30 for his time of arrival. Lee went with me, and Dr. Kimberlin told him that he was the first person to ever give him a spanking. Lee looked at me like he didn't believe him. Then, he said he would be giving Wade a swat on the bottom in 2 weeks too, and Lee's eyes got as wide as half dollars. He gave me a look that said, "Are you really going to let this man spank our baby?" Finally, Dr. K. laughed and explained why he swats a new baby's bottom. Lee still didn't look like he bought it or liked it. Everything was the same as last week...he is measuring a little ahead, steady heart rate in the 140's and very active. Lee felt him hiccuping for the first time this week and thought it was hilarous. He is still talking/yelling at him and is getting very excited about the sleepovers we have planned for him while we're at the hospital. I feel great and am enjoying every last second of having him all to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment