Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Donuts with Dad

On Friday, I had the privilege of being a part of a special program at Lee's preschool called Donuts with Dads. Three of the moms were asked to set up and help serve the kids and dads, and it was one of the highlights of the year to me.
These dads and granddads had a FEAST!
When the kids saw their dads come in, they had a "better than Christmas morning" reaction. I guess most of the kids' moms are typically the more involved parent for school functions, so when only the dads got to be a part of their day, it was so exciting to them. I have to admit that I was moved to tears at their reactions. And just watching the dads and how proud they looked to be there was more than I could handle.

Mrs. Angie was her normal, brilliant self and read a Bible story on the importance of Dads, tied in the story of St. Joseph, and offered a very moving prayer for the dads and kids. I was barely holding it together at this point. It was precious. Then the kids sang a song to their dads and asked a blessing for their food. One by one, Mrs. Angie called the kids up to get the goods that they made for their dads, and then each kid went to their dad. They were SO proud of their art, and the dads were pretty proud too. I saw several wiping their eyes.
Lee could barely wait for his turn to run to his daddy.
This melted my heart completely.....
Enough of the mush...bring on the food! These guys knew how to eat!
Thank you, Daddy, for making Lee's entire day with your presence and for making this Mommy's heart nearly burst with love for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment