Monday, December 7, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

All of the Christmas festivities have begun, and we couldn't be more excited. Here is the start to our holiday season!
Ever since Lee was 6 months old, we have let him decorate his own tree in his room. He started with a fabric tree with ornaments that attached with elastic bands. That tree is now in the kitchen, and last year, he got a "real" tree with "real" ornaments for his room.
I have the same pictures of him every year decorating, and I love them. If I have time, I'll get the past pictures and post. He was so excited to get his tree out and add the ornaments. They are pretty much all clumped together, but he is so proud.
Here he is before going to church on Sunday. He got to wear his Christmas shirt for the first time, and I thought he looked so handsome and grown-up. Even though I miss the days of
long-alls and peter pan collars, it's hard to beat how cute he looks right now!
Sunday night, we got to go watch Paul's choir program at his church. I'm sad to say that all my pictures from the program were too dark. Paul's choir was fantastic, and I could tell that he liked having his own cheering section. Afterwards, we were invited to visit with Santa. Lee and Paul were so excited! Lee told Santa that he wants a real life go cart!? This was news to me! I can say with certainty that Santa will not be bringing one to him, so I hope Lee eventually reverts to his original list.
I just can't get over how big Lee looks in this picture. I looked at last year's picture with Santa, and he looked so little. (And he wasn't wearing a longall either!) We're only a week into December, and we are having a blast! I can't wait for rest of the month and all the fun things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment