Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve started with a visit from the Petrowski Grandparents, who came with a truck full of presents! Naturally, Lee started with the biggest package first.
It was the Batman Cave that he has been wanting for months! He has had a great time with it already.
Next was a Cars racetrack that I wasn't familiar with before Christmas. However, my little Cars fanatic had told his Mawmaw all about it after seeing it on a commercial. Apparently he gave good enough details to her that she was able to find just what he wanted.
After a busy day of visiting family and finishing unpacking from our trip, it was time to settle in for the night at home. We started by making cookies for Santa. For those who know me well, it will come as no surprise that Santa got break and bake cookies! I love to bake and try new recipes, but cookies and cupcakes are not high on my list of favorite things to bake. Fortunately, Lee loves break and bake cookies and doesn't know what he's missing by not having homemade cookies. Judging from the empty plate, I don't think Santa minded either.
Next, it was time for Lee to make his Gingerbread House. He loves making these and being creative. Last year after Christmas, I found them at Walmart for $1, so I bought a couple for him to decorate. He had the best time. Matt and I helped him get the "frame" together and then turned him loose to decorate on his own.
Here he is with his masterpiece!
Before bed, he had to check and make sure the cookies were suitable for Santa. After 3, he decided they were fine.
After one more check of Norad to see where Santa was, he excitedly headed to bed. I love Christmas Eve almost as much as Christmas Day. The anticipation and excitement are so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment