Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Elegant Dinner

Today was picture day, and the PTO at Rhea planned a special lunch for the kids. The invitation said to wear their "Sunday best," and the kids would learn about table manners. Some of the parents got to serve the lunches to the kids, and I was so excited to be one of them. It was so much fun to see all the kids dressed up, and the kids enjoyed being served their lunches and someone else cleaning up their mess.
There was a head table for school board members and other special guests. Each class made a place mat that was used there. Here is the one Lee's class made.
This is Lee's class and teachers before they ate. Lee is the little lawyer on the far left.
Lee looked so handsome and really enjoyed getting to dress up for school. He has had this tie for a year, but he has never wanted to wear it. It was his idea to wear it today, and he loved it.
My big boy and me
Here are his classmates coming in to eat.
They had Parmesan chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, and Lee's favorite yeast rolls.
Lee and Jackson Ridgeway
I was lucky enough to be able to get many pictures of our friends' kids throughout the day. Here are some of Lee's sweet friends from church, who are in different classes. L-R are Emma Jane Murphey, Sidney Anderson, Avery Bryan and Maci Jarnigan.
More church friends are clockwise from top left; Bryleigh Hayes, Chloe Knott, Berrett Watkins, and Kenson Kyle.
I'm not sure why Lee wanted to give me the peace sign, but he did and wanted me to take a picture of it.
The cafeteria looked beautiful, and you could tell the kids knew it was a special occasion.
Campbell and Marly Kate are in Lee's class. I was sad later that I didn't get a picture of Lee with MK. This was the first event that I didn't get a picture of the two of them together.
Lee and Paul still had their shirts tucked in well after lunch!
Lee can barely make it through church sometimes without re-tucking. I was impressed!
A special occasion is made even more fun with your best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment