Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Smile Makers

This baby loves his food!I have a screen in my car that displays the name of the song that is playing and the singer. Today, I could hear Lee half singing/humming in the back. I asked what he was singing, and he said, "Living on a Prayer." I asked how he knew that song, and he said, "Ya know, I just love that (now squinting to read the screen) Bon Jovi."
I overheard Lee telling Wade that he had learned a new song in music. "Deck the halls with God Almighty. Fa-la-la-la-la..."
L-O-V-E
Matt fell asleep with Lee the other night, and I couldn't help but laugh at how they are laying exactly the same way on HALF of a twin sized bed.
I am enjoying the colder weather and getting to use all of Wade's cute sweaters and hats. He's not a big fan of a toboggan, but he doesn't seem to mind wearing a hood. I think he looks adorable in them!
We put our Christmas tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving. Lee especially had a good time hanging the ornaments this year. A few days later, I noticed something new on the tree....a birthday invitation had mysteriously appeared. When I questioned Lee about it, he said he thought it was just the right decoration for that part of the tree. So he put a hook in it and hung it.
Next, I found his toy camera hanging off the side of the tree.
These mittens are an ornament, but he stuck them on each branch of the tree like he was keeping them warm.
And finally, one night from across the room, something caught my eye on the tree that appeared to be a cowboy hat. Curiosity got the best of me, and when I investigated, I found a "Little People" sheriff stuck on the branch. Lee has made it a real adventure this year of finding all kinds of new "ornaments" on our tree. Some days, I find myself scanning the tree for any new treasures that he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment