Friday, December 10, 2010

5 on Friday


Some friends started posting a "5 on Friday" on their blogs awhile back, and I thought it would be fun to do with our family too.

1. Matt enjoyed the Coon Supper again this year and had fun catching up with old friends and family that came from Mississippi and Georgia. He offered to bring some coon home to Lee, and Lee said, "No thanks!" He opted to watch the Titans game from home last night. I'm sure now he's really glad he did! He and Lee are spending the day together tomorrow while I finish our Christmas shopping. I can't wait to see what those 2 get into together.

2. This has been one of the hardest weeks I have ever experienced as a friend. I am a "fixer" by nature and have a really hard time knowing so many people I love are hurting and not being able to "fix" it. Please pray for me (and our MANY friends who are in my shoes too) that my friends see God in me as they seek my advice or simply view me as their confidante. And I assume that most of you who read our little blog know us well, so I feel open to ask you to please remember our friends who are hurting right now in your prayers. I borrowed this scripture from a friend's page that has been a comfort to me the past few days. "The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer; my God is my ROCK, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. HE is my stronghold, my refuge and my Savior!" 2 Sam. 22:2,3

3. Buzz has not enjoyed the sudden arctic blast. I have to force him out of the garage in the mornings when we leave for school, and when we get home, he is waiting by the door to get back in. He pretty much stays indoors all day until time to go get Lee.

4. Lee is in full Christmas-mode! Almost everything he does and says relates to Christmas. He is full of ideas for crafts and sings Christmas music non-stop. A new favorite of mine is "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth...GONE!" Poor little guy. Losing teeth has long been on his list of things to accomplish in Kindergarten. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't have a single tooth loose. I have to admit that I am not sad that milestone has eluded him. I love his perfect little baby teeth and smile. He is concerned that there are no gifts wrapped under our tree. Hopefully I will get a day next week to get a lot of wrapping done while my little helper is at school.

5. Wade gave us a scare last night when he woke up SCREAMING. He was inconsolable with giant tears streaming down his face. He didn't have a fever, but he was definitely in pain. As a last resort, we took off his clothes and diaper to make sure he hadn't been bitten by something. We tried gas drops, which calmed him down a little, but it didn't last long. He couldn't seem to get comfortable, and when I touched his ear, he screamed out again. I thought he might have an earache, so we gave him some tylenol. He finally settled down and went to sleep while I was holding him. He was up off and on all night and just seemed restless. He got up with a messy diaper this morning, which never happens. Since he still hasn't had a fever and doesn't seem uncomfortable anymore, I now wonder if he just had a bad tummy ache. It was very hard to see him so upset and not be able to figure out what was wrong. He is napping on schedule now, so I think he is back to normal this morning. I hope he rests up today for our shopping extravaganza tomorrow!

1 comment: