Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mother's Day-Take 2

Since Lee was sick last Sunday, and we missed Mother's Day, my guys decided we should celebrate this weekend. They took me to my favorite restaurant and presented me with cards and gifts.
Lee chose his ensemble for church. He made my day!


And since it was all about me today, I coordinated Wade with Lee. Smocking-check, peter pan collar-check, knee socks-check...yep, it was the perfect outfit!

Even though I loved being honored by my guys this weekend, the real honor is being the mother of these two incredible boys. It is my greatest blessing and what I was made to do. When I think about how much I love being a mother, I often think back to when my best friend and I were in a beauty pageant in 3rd grade. One of the questions was "What do you want to be when you grow up?" She answered, "A mother." I always thought that was the dumbest answer. Now, she has fulfilled that dream and is one of the best mothers I know. I had no idea in 3rd grade that this job would make me feel complete and would bring me such joy. Even last week, with Lee being sick, there was no place I would have rather been. He spent the day cuddled up with me, and I reminded myself numerous times that these moments are fleeting, so I soaked up ever single second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment