Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Kindergarten Musical

The Kindergartners from Lee's school presented a musical tonight at the Performing Arts Center here in Paris. Lee thought he was a big shot performing on that big stage in front of a huge audience. He had a speaking part and worked really hard to learn his words. He's come a long way from the shy little preschooler who would hide behind my legs when someone spoke to him. I've included 2 videos from their performance. The first is Lee's speaking part, and the second is of the whole class singing. Lee's dancing had me laughing hysterically.

I love that I caught this sweet moment between him and Phoebe. They have become such good friends this year. The other day her mother sent me a text message that said, "P just got in the car and said she has a new boyfriend, and his initials are LMH. Reckon who that is?" I asked Lee if Phoebe was his girlfriend, and he said, "That's what she told me." Such a girl, right!? As it turns out, MK, who has been Lee's best girl for 2 years told their teacher on the way to the playground that she was going to "break up with Lee on the playground, so Phoebe could have a turn to be his girlfriend." Ahhhh....the sweet innocence of 5 year olds!









No comments:

Post a Comment