Friday, May 7, 2010

Birthday Boy

Happy 1 Month Birthday Wade! You have been such a busy boy this month. Here is what you've been up to since your birth.
You have been to a wedding, stayed in a hotel, been to the doctor, seen a parade, been to a birthday party, voted, took part in a fundraiser,
had visitors galore to see you, visited Lee's preschool A TON, went to a restaurant, went to the park, painted your hand on some pottery, witnessed a record flood, and went to a t-ball game. WHEW! That was really just in 2 1/2 weeks since I wasn't allowed to drive for 2 weeks. You've been one busy baby!

This picture is my own personal record that you did have hair when you were born, and you have the same pointed neckline as your Paw, Joe Joe, Lee and me! UGH! This probably won't be as big of a deal to you as it is to me. I've been fighting with mine my whole life, and I was hoping you would have your daddy's perfect neckline. Unfortunately, you have the crazy neckline and a cowlick in the same place as the rest of the Coles! Sorry, sweet boy for passing the wild hair on to you. Mrs. Cindy will fix you up one day, just like Lee.
Lee wanted to take pictures of us one day. I loved this one.
Then I returned the favor.
You are beginning to smile in response to us now, which is SO much fun. I have to say that it is the best way to pass time. I find myself trying to get "one more" and doing it for 15 minutes....like I have nothing else to do!
You are staying awake for longer periods of time and are very bright-eyed during that time.
You are filling out so quickly, and you don't even look like a newborn anymore. I love how chunky your arms and legs are looking now.
When you give me that sweet, gummy smile, I just melt! Even though I like to think I'm the person/thing that makes you smile the most, I'll admit that I'm not. You L-O-V-E the changing table and the sign that hangs above it. You can be fussing, and as soon as I put you there, you smile like you've found a long lost friend. It's so cute and strange and funny.
At your 1 month check-up, Dr. Whitby found that you had an ear infection in your right ear. I was devastated, but Dr. W was so reassuring and acted like it was completely normal. You did have a low fever, so you took an anti-biotic for 10 days with no problems. Here are your stats at 1 month:
Weight: 10 pounds (75th percentile)
Length: 23 inches (off the chart!)
You cried almost the whole time we were with Dr. Whitby, so I'm already anxious for you to go back, so he can see what a sweet baby you are. At night, you are sleeping between 3-4 hours and then going right back to sleep, which is very nice. You usually wake up after Daddy is up for work, so we get to have coffee and visit with him. I can't wait to see what the next month brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment