Wednesday, January 6, 2010

27 Weeks

Baby Andy is 27 weeks now and is growing, growing, growing this week! I can tell from his movements that he has gotten a lot bigger. This is also a big week for his lungs and immune system development. He can also distinguish voices and supposedly responds to mine the most. That must be why he is so active, with all the singing and goofing that Lee and I do together. I told Lee tonight that he can hear what we're saying, which led to the following...

...a few songs for him,
and a few tickles, jokes and riddles.
It was pretty darn cute! When he was done, there was a huge wet spot on my shirt from his drool. I kept telling him that he didn't have to put his mouth right on my tummy for the baby to hear him, but he kept doing it.
At 27 weeks, the baby weighs about 2 pounds and is approximately 15 inches long or the size of this pork loin. Lee was really struggling to hold it today. It was so funny. He was talking to it like it was the baby. He said, "Boy, you've grown this week." He still doesn't have a name. We have a list of 10 names that we could each live with if chosen. However, Matt has his favorite, and I have mine. If I knew we would have another boy, I could commit to a name with no problem. But the thought of not using our favorite names makes me sad. There is one name in particular that I have loved for a couple of years. Matt works with a guy with a similar name, and every time he says it, my heart flutters. It is a name that just makes me happy. I will love whatever we decide on, but I am hoping that a few more of the 10 names we love will become less attractive to us over the next couple of weeks.
This sweet little treat was waiting on me in the mailbox when I got home today. I don't know if you can tell from this picture, but the eyes are buttons and there is stitching around the nose and mouth that make the outfit too cute for words.

No comments:

Post a Comment