Monday, August 6, 2012

First Day of Second Grade

 When I went to wake Lee up for his first day of Second Grade, this is how I found him. He had recently gotten the new Wimpy Kid book, and he couldn't resist reading a few pages before breakfast.
 Here's my big Second Grader at our wonderful Rhea School!
 He had equal parts excitement and nervousness on going into his new room.
 Once this precious lady's arms were around him, he melted into a puddle of relief. He was instantly at ease and ready to take on the day. She is an answer to our prayers for a loving, firm, brilliant teacher, and she happens to be a blessing to anyone who knows her. Can you tell I'm a FAN?
We are going to have a great year!
 
(Yes, I shed the usual tears as I drove home. It was only because I knew how much I would miss him during the day. And it didn't help that Wade started crying immediately for us to go back and get him. We love that boy more than words can say.)

No comments:

Post a Comment