Thursday, March 15, 2012


There is a new blogspot format, so my pictures posted out of order...bear with me! Although it's not Friday yet, I'm very ready to see it. It has been a long day around here! On our way home from karate, it started to look cloudy. About 15 minutes after we got home, it started hailing like crazy. I had left my car out of the garage so Matt and Lee could take it to their Cub Scout meeting later. So I made a mad dash to my car and quickly got it inside. I don't think I have any dents, but I won't know for sure until I can get it out in the sun tomorrow. My arms weren't so lucky. I had such an adrenaline rush that I didn't even think about the hail hitting me. When I came back in, Lee said, "What happened to your arms?" I looked and had red whelps up and down both arms. I'm pretty sure those will be bruises tomorrow. Lesson learned: do not run through a hail storm to move your car!
 This should be the last photo...after the storm. The most beautiful fog formed over the field immediately. Lee and I eagerly awaited a rainbow, but we never got one.
 During the storm, you can see the line of cars that had to pull off the highway until it passed.
 Front yard
 It piled up so fast.
 This is in the flower bed.
 Lee said this was the next best thing to snow.
 Sadly, it melted before he could go collect some to hold.
 I know he will hate it one day, but I love how his hair curls out the back of a cap. During karate, Wade and I went to a local store to purchase a gift. He was such an angel and stood by me the whole time we were shopping. (He is having some stranger danger issues, which works to my advantage right now!) While I was checking out, he left my side for a second, grabbed a piece of pottery and threw it down on the hardwood floor! The owner of the store was the one checking me out and was not concerned in the least about the pottery piece. I began to apologize immediately and insisted on paying if it was broken. We both checked it out, and surprisingly there wasn't even a chip in it. I was mortified, to say the least. The woman was so kind and reassuring that I won't have any hesitation going back to shop again. Next time, we'll have the stroller!
 Such a cutie, even with a spaghetti face!
 This is the look I got when I told him that he has the most beautiful eyes in the world. Apparently he doesn't want to have the "most beautiful" anything.
 Thing 1 and Thing 2
 Remember Baby Bossy Pants? He still emerges from time to time.
 Our school system has experienced a major flu outbreak this week, so Wade and I haven't left the house, except to shuttle Lee. Wade is oblivious to anything abnormal. He has just enjoyed the bonus time in the sun. When you don't go to story time, church, the grocery, the gym, or playdates, you have all the fun in the sun you can stand!
I do love a baby in a onesie! These little shoes were Lee's first pair of Crocs. He wore them forever, and the bottoms are as slick as butter. But when I got them out to show Matt, Wade fell in love with them. He quickly learned to put them on alone, which he thinks is similar to a magic trick. He says, "I did it!" every.single.time. I think he will be due his own pair of Crocs when the new Spring shoes arrive. Because of the flu outbreak, Lee's school is closed tomorrow, and believe me, we are looking forward to FRIDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment