Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Henry County Fair

 
 We started our evening at the Fair with a Kiddie Tractor Pull. Lee had several friends competing, so he had a lot of fun, even though he didn't win.
 Lee selected several categories to enter in the Youth Craft Department. He won a ribbon on his tie-dyed shirt.
 He entered his fish in  the pottery category.
 I entered several pictures in the Adult Photography Category for the first time. I was thrilled to win a few ribbons. My picture of the Miss-Lou Bridge won Third Place.
 This recent pic of my boys in the Sunflowers won First in the "Family" category!
 I was most proud of this picture of Lee and Paul that I entered in the "Sports" Category. It was my only picture that wasn't posed. It was a real life scene, and those are my favorite!
 Lee tried a new chocolate chip cookie recipe and won a blue ribbon. Judging from the empty plate at our house, I can attest to their yumminess!
 Lee's last entry was this wooden flag. He was pretty thrilled with his ribbons!
 On to the carnival where I vowed never to ride the Pirate Ship again! So, Matt was a trooper and took Lee on it. There they are right in the middle.
 The carnies would not allow Wade to ride the slides, so Matt and I took turns with Lee.
The last ride of the night was the ferris wheel with my big guy! What a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment