Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lee's Big Week

When I picked Lee up on Tuesday, he could barely get in the car before he told me about his exciting day. He said that Mr. Owens called into his room and requested that he come to the office. When he got there, he asked him if he would like to help him retire the old flag in front of the school and help raise the new one. Of course he did! He said that his job was to not let either flag touch the ground. He got to help fold the old one and then pull the ropes on the new one. He was so excited. I just wish I was there to take a picture (or 10.)
I found this in Lee's planner today. When I asked him about it, he acted kind of shy, but he said Mrs. Lisa made him take his paper to the assistant principal to show him his good writing.
Lee L-O-V-E-S Mr. Howard, so I would have given anything to see those two interact.
When I picked Lee up from Mission Friends last night, his teachers met me at the door. They went on and on about how proud they were of Lee. When he came outside, they made him show me his paper. They said he could have written or drawn anything he wanted, and this is what he did. It says, "Love the lord your God with all your heart, with all your mind, and all your soul and sthright." (strength) I feel like the Lord is working in our precious boy's heart, and we couldn't be more proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment