Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Lee's funnies

Matt found a tick on him tonight and was showing disgust at how early it is for them to already be seen. Lee immediately chimed in, and said, "I know, I know Mom. I'll use the special shampoo tonight." I was so glad he said something to us instead of using it and possibly sharing with his teacher that his dad had a bug on him, so he had to use a special shampoo. We quickly clarified that Dad does not have lice.

There has been a major flu outbreak at Lee's school, so the faculty has been stepping up the disinfecting this week. Yesterday, Lee said every fourth kid had to get a rag and wipe down their table in the cafeteria. Curious as to where he had to go get the rag, what was on it, and most importantly how clean were his hands after handling said rag, I asked him a number of questions. When I quizzed him on where he returned the rag, he said, "Mom, I put it back in the bucket of cholesterol." Most of the time, I can contain my laughter when Lee misspeaks, but I couldn't help it. I lost it and laughed until I had tears. I still don't know for sure what was in the bucket, but I lost interest after the cholesterol remark.

Lee got a Monopoly game for Christmas, and he LOVES it. But the best part of playing with him, is how he says it. He says "Mono-nopoly."

Lee only has homework 1 night per week. He has to bring home a wordbook with the week's "focus words" and read the sentences that correspond with the word. We do it every.Monday.night. However, he forgot the wordbook this week. As luck would have it, his teacher had already sent home the list of words, so I had Lee to write a sentence with each word. There were 8 words, so it was a big project. I hoped that he would see the difference in time spent writing versus reading his sentences, and he would be more responsible next week. FAIL. His teacher gave him glowing remarks on his sentence writing, including pointing out the improvement she has seen in his handwriting lately. So, he couldn't wait to get home to tell me all about it. I may never see the wordbook again.

No comments:

Post a Comment