Monday, September 24, 2012

Apple Day at Story Hour

 One of Wade's best pals, Miles, got to hold the flag today. How sweet is that little hand over his heart?
 Another favorite pal, Andrew, got to sing a song with Mrs. Donna.
 Wade added his apple to Mrs. Donna's basket.
 Mrs. Donna had this nifty apple corer and peeler. I have seen them in catalogs but never in action. I am in love and think I might need one of these for myself! Anyway, she asked Wade to come and help her turn the crank to peel the apple. He was very impressed, even though he prefers his apples with the peel.
 This was during story time, and it made me weepy to see these "big kids" sitting all alone. Then I had to giggle at how Wade is sitting with his legs out. He hasn't learned "criss cross apple sauce" yet.
 Mrs. Donna surprised the kids with their own bowl of apple pie.
 Wade didn't think the day could get any better. But then I turned him loose on his own with glue.
 First, a glue stick and then a bowl of glue!?! He was over the moon!
He made an apple tree all by himself.
The grand finale was getting to choose an apple (or 2) from Mrs. Donna's basket to take home.
What a great Apple Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment